Directly after dermal filler treatment, the injected area may be bruised, swollen, tender and itchy. These are all normal effects and will subside after a few days following your treatment. Your lips may be considerably swollen for a few days, cold compress or ice packs may be used to reduce any swelling.
If there is some unevenness to your lips, please be patient as it can take up to 2 weeks for final results.
Paracetamol can be used for pain relief if non-allergic. Please avoid anti-inflammatories such as Ibuprofen or blood thinning tablets such as Aspirin, this can cause excessive bruising.
Arnica herbal tablets can be taken a few days before and following your treatment and after as these can reduce bruising.
If you are experiencing pain, puss or any signs of infection after your treatment. Please contact the practitioner without delay. You will then be assessed, and we can then decide whether you need further medical advice or attention.
- Do not touch injected area for at least six hours unless instructed to do so by your practitioner.
- Only use water for injection area for 2 days to avoid infection.
- Avoid sunbeds for 2 weeks following.
- Avoid makeup and creams for 48 hours following treatment (except Arnica cream).
- Avoid excessive alcohol and exercise for 24 hours as this may increase the risk of bleeding and increased bruising.
- Avoid smoking following lip fillers as this may move the filler from injection area which may result in misshapen lips also this may increase the risk of infection.